We currently have 13 active projects. These include local expansions and new company projects.
- Three of these projects are to proposal / negotiation phase – please keep your fingers crossed for us!
· From a marketing standpoint, we have been very targeted and effective.
- We were part of “Team Florida” at the International Air Show in Paris where we had substantial exposure and very successful meetings. This was one of the most productive air shows I have ever attended. We met with more than 20 companies and came back with 4 substantial project leads.
- We traveled to southern California on an aviation related marketing tour where we met with three companies. One of the meetings was with the President/CEO of the company.
- This week, we will be part of “Team Florida” as we travel to NYC to meet with site selection consultants.
- We will be part of a similar recruitment mission with Chicago Site Selection consultants in September.
· Odds and Ends:
- Our website is being re-designed and we are almost ready to launch.
- We continue to work with officials to solidify funding for the Bay Tech Initiative.
- We are tracking updates with the BP Restore funds and the Gulf Coast Triumph committee for future economic development funding opportunities.
- We are beginning our 2016 budget and marketing planning.
SAVE THE DATE OPPORTUNITIES: Please mark your calendars for the following special events:
- We have completed our move to the Gulf Coast State College Campus! Partnering with GCSC and CareerSource, we will have the ribbon cutting ceremony to launch the Bay County Economic Development Center of Excellence: August 12th at 10:00 a.m. This ceremony will be immediately following our August investor’s meeting.
- Our Annual meeting will be Wednesday, October 14th at 8:30 in the ATC. Please stayed tuned for more information about our exciting guest speaker.
As always, thanks for your continuous support of the Bay EDA!!