For those of us not operating near an NSBW event site, the SBA is offering a series of free, one-hour online webinars on a host of timely topics:
- ADP on employee practices, payroll requirements and the Fair Labor Standards Act;
- “Crafting a Digital Footprint” to enable customers to research and learn more about your business on different devices (laptops, tablets, smart phones, etc.);
- VISA on your business’ liability and combatting credit card fraud with the new chip-activated card terminals;
- Creating affordable voluntary benefits packages to recruit and retain great employees; and lastly,
- PayPal on using alternative payment methods to boost your bottom line.
The Business Innovation Center (BIC) itself grew out of recognition of the importance of small businesses and our need to diversify our local economy. Not to be confused with the Small Business Development Center, the BIC offers business expertise, mentoring, networking and access to resources to our clients, from start-ups to those expanding from home-based operation to foothold firms looking to test our local business waters and relocate here. Find out how the BIC can work for you by scheduling a free Discovery Session at our offices on the FSU-Panama City campus: 850-770-2451 or Info@businessinformationcenter.com
Need a little inspiration to go with your aspiration? Watch the highlights of last year’s NSBW celebration: https://www.sba.gov/nsbw/years-past# Encourage you it will!